Cyber Coverage Now Available for Social Workers
Social workers who maintain confidential client information have a responsibility to safeguard that data. With data breaches and cyber attacks becoming increasingly common, having the right cyber protection in place is critical. We offer Cyber Suite, a comprehensive coverage endorsement with multiple layers of insurance defense against the complex, ever-evolving cyber risks that social workers face every day.
Cyber Suite Endorsement Coverage Highlights
• First- and third-party coverage
• Data compromise response expense – provides the resources to respond to a breach of personal information.
• Computer attack – provides resources to respond to a computer attack.
• Cyber extortion – responds to an extortion threat.
• Data compromise liability – provides defense and settlement costs in the event of a suit related to a breach of personal information.
Risk Management Support
Access to eRiskHub®, a risk management portal designed
to help prepare and respond effectively to data breach and
• Access to “TechQ” which offers FREE computer diagnostics by phone and competitive rates for virus removal, technical assistance and related digital security services.
• Access to experts in recovering from cyber extortion and data breaches.
• Toll-free helpline to educate insureds about data breaches, cyber extortion and identity theft.
• Process to request case management services and submit expense reimbursement claims.
Managed by experienced and dedicated cyber claim specialists with industry knowledge.
A social worker lost her laptop that contained the names, social security numbers, and medical information of her clients. Notifications were sent to affected individuals advising them to place a fraud alert with credit bureaus and to monitor their credit reports and other financial statements.
Total Loss: $10,500
Coverage may be endorsed on to a new or renewed American Professional Agency Social Workers policy. Available in most states on an admitted basis.
Limits and Cost
• Only $170 for an aggregate Limit of $25,000.
(May not be approved in all states & rates may vary)
• Sublimits and/or a $1,000 deductible for certain coverages may apply.
• Higher limits and broader coverage options available.
Please contact American Professional Agency at email@example.com or 800-421-6694 (x2308) to learn more about our comprehensive cyber coverage endorsement.
© 2020 The Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company. All rights reserved. This document is intended for information purposes only and does not modify or invalidate any of the provisions, exclusions, terms or conditions of the policy and endorsements. For specific terms and conditions, please refer to the coverage form.